Travelog – iOS app review
If you love to keep noted of your travels, take pictures of the destinations and keep a record of all the places you visited, then Travelog is the app for you. Signing-up is easy – you have options to sign up with your Facebook or Twitter account, or just use your email address. The iPhone app allows you to check-in to the location you are at, write a post about it, and either select pictures from your phone or take a photo.
They have a desktop version that can be seen at travelog.me
- Great user interface
- Signing up is easy
- Privacy setting – you can choose to have a particular post as public or private. If you choose to be “private” you can see it on your phone after you log in, but cannot see it on desktop (more on this below).
- If you choose to sign up using your email address, you cannot log in to the desktop site.
- You can upload or select only 3 pictures per post.
- If you want to view other blogs by city search, it’d have been nice if the cities were sorted alphabetically. Or if there was a way to filter by country -> city.
- Turning off location services for the app will make it almost useless because there’s no way to enter a particular place manually, but only via check-in to a place. It’d have been nice to be able to enter a location’s name (along with city, country) manually because not everyone may have internet access (especially data services) while traveling.
All in all, this is a good app for a blog of your daily travels. And it’s free!