GuidePal City Guides – iOS app review
Bang for buck: It’s free!
Ease of use:
Apart from individual city guides for each one of the 60 featured cities, this app has all of them in one. Currently, there are guides to sixty cities around the world including:
- Americas: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Havana, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver
- Europe: Amsterdam, Åre, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Florence, Geneva, Glasgow, Gothenburg, Moscow, Krakow, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Malmö, Milan, Nice, Oslo, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Prague, Reykjavik, Rome, Stockholm
- Middle-East: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Istanbul
- Asia: Bangkok, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei
- Australasia: Perth, Sydney
Packed with loads of information, this app is extremely easy to use. You can add your favorite places-to-see, restaurants and events to your “saved trips” and visit them offline when you’re traveling. This is a great feature because everything on this app is pulled real-time from the server and you may not have that option while traveling.
Get detailed information on all the places, cafes, hotels, bars and general city knowledge. Tap the “Book a hotel” link and it will take you to hotels.com’s city page in a browser window.
One of the best feature is its “nearby” augmented reality feature, giving you details on business, cafes, restaurant and other things in real-time by just pointing your camera to the street or neighborhood you’re in.
We would have loved to see in the app is information on airport information and public transportation maps. Maybe that is coming soon in future versions. Please note that this review refers to the all-cities-in-one-app version. Try out their individual city apps for more information.