Indonesia is one of the most popular destination with Americans and Europeans, and now the Indonesian President announced that citizens of 30 countries can now obtain free-of-charge visas on arrival in Indonesia that will be valid for a 30-day stay in the country.
The following 30 countries are now eligible for visa-free status: Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, China (People’s Republic), Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.A.E., United Kingdom, United States.
They now join the following countries already granted with the visa-on-arrival status: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Singapore, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Vietnam, Ecuador, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Hong Kong and Macau.
Visa free entry is granted only at the following gateways:
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport (CGK) in Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai Airport (DPS) in Denpasar, Bali
- Kualu Namu Airport (KNO) in Medan, North Sumatra
- Juanda Airport (SUB) in Surabaya, East Java
- Hang Nadim Airport (BTH) in Batam
- Port of Sekupang and Port of Batam Center, both in Batam
- Port of Sri Bintan in Bintan
- Port of Tanjung Uban in Riau