Bing brings London Tube maps and updates to iOS just before the Olympics
Bang for buck: It’s free!
Ease of use:
Microsoft’s Bing launched an app called “Get Me There” right on time for the Olympics, that helps you plan your routes and journeys around London Tube, while also giving you live updates on the status of all the lines.
Some of the features of this app are:
- Plan journeys using Bing maps, the London Underground network, DLR, London buses and London Overground trains
- Full tube maps and live service updates
- Live departures and status updates by tube station
- Nearest tube/train stations (with map and walking directions)
- Set up favorite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
- Weekend service updates – Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)
Traveling to London for the Olympics or living there, Bing Get MeThere might come in handy for you.