London city releases iOS city guide for Olympics this summer
One of the best features of this app is the list of activities, attractions and events happening on a particular day, and you can make the most of London’s unrivalled culture, entertainment, famous locations and this summer like no other.
Bang for buck: It’s free!
Ease of use:
Some of the features of this app are:
- The Must See and What’s On listings will tell you all the events going on near you and on that day. The events listed are free and paid ones.
- Browse London landmarks, places to visit for free, parks, museums, galleries, shops and restaurants.
- Trails – Stroll along some of London’s most scenic streets and meet London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville with their free Discovery Trails.
- The interactive map will help plan your routes and list nearby events and places by pin drops.
- You can save your favorite events and places, and even add them to your iPhone calendar.
The app is extremely easy to use, but on iPhone 4 with iOS 5, it did tend to crash a lot while browsing between screens. And even failed to load data on a WiFi and on 3G network. Nonetheless, this is a must app for anyone visiting London this summer for the Olympic Games.