Tips: Avoid jet-lag with these simple tips
- Make adjustments to your sleeping and waking up times a few days before your departure
- Wake up and go to bed one hour later if you’re going west
- Wake up and go to bed one hour earlier if you’re going east
- It’s well-known that healthy people tend to recover from jet lag faster, so make sure to be well-rested and in good shape before your travel.
- On the day of your flight, eat a light, healthy mean and be hydrated. A heavy meal will make your body strain a lot.
- Most people keep their watched on the time zone they have been on, but it’s best to set your watch on the destination time zone. That way you will wake up and sleep according to the time there.
- This one is difficult to implement for most people, but avoid alcohol, caffeine, and heavy meals. They tend to slow you down.
- Be hydrated at all times. Drink a lot of water.
- Stay awake when you have to with walking around the plane. This also makes your body stretch. Eat nuts that are high in protein.
- When you have to sleep, wear an eye mask and ear plugs. Invest in a nice travel pillow.
- Try and avoid that last meal on the ariplane. Research shows that avoiding a meal for 10-12 hours helps reduce jet lag.
- If you arrive in the day time, go out and immerse as much sunlight as you can.
- If you arrive in the night, slow down and sleep at a reasonable hour.
Send your feedback, comments and tip on avoiding jet lag in comments.