Here are some headlines from the world of travel:
- The High Cost of Global Travel: US Passport Fees Add to the Total [Huffington Post]
A first-time passport or passport renewal fee is $140 for adults, $80 for minors.
- BA strike: passengers urged to buy travel insurance [Guardian.co.uk]
British Airways customers who fear their flights will be disrupted by further strike action by cabin crew still have time to buy travel insurance.
- More Fees, More Carry-Ons [NYTimes]
The price of checking a suitcase on an airplane — $15 to $40 a bag — has added up to more than $6 billion in revenue for airlines in the United States in the last four years, according to Transportation Department statistics. The fees have also led to an increased number of bags being carried onto airplanes.
- 6 Top Travel Web Sites to Plan a Great Trip [Fox Business]
Between taking time off from work, travel planning, booking tickets, packing and shuffling your family from point to point, it’s easy to feel like you need a vacation from your vacation.
- How to Save on Travel with Military Discounts [AOL Travel]
For travelers, membership has its privileges; and if that wasn’t already a slogan for another company, the military should adopt it. A military ID, whether military spouse, child or soldier, could be the ticket to big discounts on, well, tickets – as well as restaurant and hotel bills, or other travel expenditures.
- Austrian rail travel at half the prices [DNA India]
The Austrians have an exciting offer for you this summer vacation, thanks to their federal railways.
- Southwest: Hispanic college travel award program now open